Your role will be to assist our mechanic with your auto electrical skills, diagnosing and fault finding, then repairing and preventative maintenance to keep our fleet operational and working.
This can include minor adjustment and repairs up to full engine and hydraulic rebuilds, some welding up of cracks, replacing roller and track gear, final-drives, repairing and resealing hydraulic rams, diagnostic computer and wiring checks, replacing sensors, lighting, starters, battery testing, air conditioning, spray painting and more.
There is always a lot of servicing and field service work to be done to our hire machines while on hire.
We are willing to train and upskill the successful candidate in many of these areas.
There will be a mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol test, All applicants must and be a resident or have a valid work visa.
Skills and experience
We are willing to consider different skill levels of applicants as we are happy to train the successful candidate in areas that require up-skilling.
- Experience with heavy construction machinery
- Preferred if hold Trade Qualification but not mandatory
- Class 1 drivers licence, class 2 and 4 an advantage
- Wheels, Tracks, Rollers, and Forklift licences an advantage
- Site safe and first aid an advantage
- Good communication and English language skills
- Able to work unsupervised
- Fit, hard working and customer focused
- Punctual self starter
Hours and benefits
Normal work hours will be from 7am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Sometimes you will need to start earlier and finish later to keep up with the work. We do-not normally work weekends although there may be an odd weekend that you will be called on.
The starting pay rate will vary depending on the candidate and experience.
You will be supplied with Personal Protection clothing.
This is a long term position with career development and training and with potiential to move to other departments.
- 86 Forge Road, Silverdale
- 09 426 8833